Being a mom has its ups and downs. I’ve always had the policy that anything I write here will be honest. So, here it is–the good and the bad right now.
What’s driving me crazy lately:
10. Not eating dairy. I have never had a problem with dairy, but I gave it up for June’s reflux. Now, slowly adding it back in has caused me great stomach pain. Am I suddenly lactose intolerant?
9. Allergies. I’m like a faucet, even on my daily meds. It’s possible I’ve wiped my snotty nose on a burp cloth or two.
8. Waking up at night covered in leaking milk. Sorry if that’s TMI, but it’s true. The girl is sleeping long stretches, so shouldn’t I finally be able to sleep if she’s not the one waking me up?
7. Pumping. It’s annoying to be chained to the pump. I look forward to only bottlefeeding.
6. My clothes. Nothing fits. Anything that does fit is too tight in all the wrong places. I went shopping the other day to remedy the situation and get some “in between clothes.” Thankfully, my friend, Ellen, was extremely patient. I tried on at least 50 items, maybe more. I came home with 5 and will be returning 2. Ugh.
5. Our bank account. I need to get some part-time work that can be done from home. Anyone have any ideas? Please, send them my way!
4. I spend a lot of time here busy with the little lady, but have very little time to deal with anything. Instead, I sit around while feeding her, etc. thinking about everything I’m not getting done.
3. Clutter. It’s everywhere! I keep going through and getting rid of things, but I just want to throw everything away.
2. Feeling stuck at home because when we go out with Juniper, she won’t nap well. Usually this means a couple of hours of crying at night before bed. If we choose to stay home, if she sleeps well, and if we have some lucky timing, she’ll go down within 10 minutes with limited crying. Trade-offs, trade-offs.
1. Lack of sleep, obviously.
The sweet things right now:
10. Cold, summer beverages even though it’s only March.
9. A great camera I can’t wait to get to know better.
8. More sleep than before. I can’t believe we got through those first 6 weeks!
7. We’re making slow but steady progress in parenting.
6. Nighttime with Seth when Juney is asleep. Sometimes we have only 45 mins. and other times, 2 hours. It often involves dinner, Netflix, laundry, cleaning up, dishes, getting ready for the next day and crashing together on the couch, but hey, it’s some time. We’ll take it!
5. Hand me downs. Our friends and family graciously continue to provide all the clothes for our growing girl. We are so grateful!
4. NPR in the morning and coffee twice a day. Did I mention coffee?
3. The little things that are now big things, like going to the store alone or sitting on the porch in the sun.
2. Upcoming trips to NY for a great friend’s wedding, family beach trip to NC, MI for Seth’s brother’s wedding, and a West coast/Alaskan cruise.
1. Heart-meltingly adorable baby smiles and giggles.
So I’m pretty tired, but I thought I could at least put some pictures up for your enjoyment. The photos by the Christmas tree are the day after Thanksgiving at 37 weeks. The pics on our porch are at 38 weeks WITH the beautiful new camera. The pictures with Linus are also taken with the new camera, just playing around. I love the camera. I love it. It’s pretty wonderful. That’s all for now. This 38.5 week pregnant lady is signing off to take a walk downtown, enjoy the pretty lights and WARM weather, perhaps grab a drink and de-swell with my boo. Puff Chick, we are ready to meet you:)